Knowledge Base Feed
Unable to synchronize Palm OS Device with Outlook Calendar
When you attempt to synchronize a Palm OS device with Microsoft Outlook, everything appears to synchronize except for your calendar.
Sometime the synchronization will provide an error log containing one of the following error codes:
Cause of the Problem:
The exact cause of this issue is not known. However it most cases it appears to be a security update that has been applied to Microsoft Outlook is the root cause of the issue.
- Backup your Palm OS device to protect against possibly losing existing data and appointments.
- Get the latest Outlook Updater utility from the palm website and install it : http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/outlookupdate2k3.html
- Make sure Palm Destop and Hotsync are not running
- Open Outlook 2003 via the run menu
- click on START
- click on RUN
- Type "outlook /resetfolders" (This creates any missing default folders in outlook)
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Click on the Help Menu
- Click on Detect and Repair (This will take several minutes, and may appear to be frozen, DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS)
- Close Outlook
- Open Hotsync Manager and set calendar to "Synchronize all files"
- Close Hotsync Manager
- Reboot the computer
- Start Hotsync manager
- Synchronize your Palm device.
Related Programs and Devices:
, Outlook 2003
, Outlook 2007
, Hot Sync Manager
, Palm OS Devices
, Outlook Conduit
Last Updated: 03/12/2008 08:29 PM
blog comments powered by